Data Manipulation Facilities
gCube provides Data Manipulation Facilities responsible for transforming content and metadata among different formats and specifications. The architecture and mechanisms provided by the framework satisfy the requirements for arbitrary transformation or homogenization of content and metadata.
Its features are useful for:
- information retrieval
- information presentation
- processing and exporting
Transformations can be performed offline and on demand on a single object or on a group of objects.
- Automatic transformation path identification
- Given the content type of a source object and the target content type, framework finds out the appropriate transformation to use. In addition, there is the ability to dynamically form a path of a number of transformation steps to produce the final format. Shortest path length is favorable.
- Fine-grained sub typing of formats
- Providing an extensive freedom for supported types and for the parameters of them (e.g. resolution, fps etc).
- Pluggable algorithms for content transformation
- A generic transformation framework that is based on pluggable components termed transformation programs. Transformation programs reveal the transformation capabilities of the framework. With this approach we are able to furnish domain and application specific data transformations.
- Exploitation of PE2ng Infrastructure
- The integration with the PE2ng engine allows to have access to vast amounts of processing power and enables to handle virtually any transformation task thus consisting the standard Data Manipulation facility for gCube applications.
Data Manipulation Facilities comprises the following subsystem:
- Data Transformation Service Specification
- which transforms content and metadata among different formats and specifications