The Users and Groups Management Portlet provides the functionality for managing the available users and groups for each VO/VRE. This portlet can only by accessed by users with the "VO-Admin" role at VO level and with the "VRE-Manager" role at VRE level
The portlet is divided into 2 main tabs offering distinct functionality for the management of users and groups respectively.
Users belonging to the VO/VRE can be management here. For every user the following information is available in a table view and you can see additional information by simply clicking on the desired row.
- username: user's username
- email: user's email address
- full name: user's full name
- roles: user's assigned roles for the current VO/VRE
- groups: user's belonging groups for the current VO/VRE
- request date: date user requested to join the VO/VRE
- validation date: date user has been added to the VO/VRE
- acceptance manager: who added the user to the VO/VRE
When the available information is not shown completely a balloon is displayed if you point the specific field with the cursor.
When you select one or more rows the following options are activated:
- Deselect All: unselects the selected rows
- Edit Selected: Edit the selected users' roles and groups. You have the option to remove the pre-existing roles and groups before adding the new ones
- Assign Roles: Assign roles to the selected users
- Add to Group: Add the selected users to any of the available groups
- Delete Selected: Remove the selected users from the VO/VRE. You have the option to send a custom message to the user being removed from the VO/VRE
Edit User Info
Clicking on Edit Selected you can edit users' roles and groups. A modal is displayed showing the current roles and groups and you can perform any change.
- The same options are available separately by clicking on the Assign Roles or Add to Group options.
Manage Join Requests
Request for joining the VO/VRE are displayed on the top right corner of the users management tab. In order to manage these requests you should click on them and a window appears showing all the requests. You can decide which users will be added or rejected from the VO/VRE
The portlet is part of the gcube portal budle. Downloading and installing the bundle will also make this portlet ready to use.