being developed by the gCube Technical Committee as the next generation middleware for data sharing and re- use on grid and private/public cloud infrastructures. |+|
on and .
Latest revision as of 14:11, 5 June 2012
gCube is a software system supporting the creation and operation of Hybrid Data Infrastructures.
This system has been implemented with the support of the European Commission in the context of a series of projects:
- DILIGENT - A DIgital Library Infrastructure on Grid ENabled Technology (2004-2007);
- D4Science - DIstributed colLaboratories Infrastructure on Grid ENabled Technology for Science (2008-2009);
- D4Science-II - Data Infrastructure Ecosystem for Science (2009-2011);
- iMarine - Data e-Infrastructure Initiative for Fisheries Management and Conservation of Marine Living Resources (2011-ongoing);
- EUBrazilOpenBio - EU-Brazil Open Data and Cloud Computing e-Infrastructure for Biodiversity (2011-ongoing);
This Wiki contains information on gCube core activities, findings and outcomes.