Difference between revisions of "Data Transfer 2"
From Gcube Wiki
(Created page with "== Overview == This class of components manages transfer capabilities between gCube infrastructure nodes ... This document outlines the design rationale, key features, and...")
Revision as of 19:21, 8 September 2016
This class of components manages transfer capabilities between gCube infrastructure nodes ...
This document outlines the design rationale, key features, and high-level architecture, the options for their deployment and as well some use cases.
The components belonging to this class are responsible for:
- reliable data transfer between Infrastructure Data Sources and Data Storages
- by exploiting the uniform access interfaces provided by gCube and standard transfer protocols
- structured and unstructured Data Transfer
- it guarantees both Tree based and File based transfer to cover all possible iMarine use-cases
- transfers to local nodes for data staging
- data staging for particular use cases can be enabled on each node of the infrastructure
- advanced transfer scheduling and transfer optimization
- a dedicated gCube service responsible for data transfer scheduling combined to transfer optimization at the level of protocols and Access interfaces.
- transfer statistics availability
- transfers are logged by the system and make available to interested consumers.
- transfer shares per scopes and users
- a management interface is used to configure transfer shares per scopes and users at the level of Data Sources and Storages.