D4Science Portal Installation
In order to install D4Science Portal, you need to install gCore. You can download the last version of gCore from here.
If there is no tomcat installation on your node, you need to download and install it. We sugest that you use tomcat v. 5.0.x or 5.5.x. You can download tomcat from here.
In order to enable tomcat to consume WSRF services, you have to apply some changes on tomcat's files:
- modify $CATALINA_HOME/bin/setclasspath.sh => Remove the line where the classpath is reset (CLASSPATH=)
- add the mail.jar in $CATALINA_HOME/commons/endorsed
- The new D4Science portal requires a Gridsphere 3.1. Installation. You can download a clean version of Gridsphere 3.1 from ETICS ). Then unzip - untar the file.
- You will also need this sh file. This is a replacement of the original globus-devel-env.sh which excludes some jars from gCore (because they are older than the needed by the portal and they create conflicts). Download it and store it in $CATALINA_HOME.
- Clone the current ~/.bashrc to ~/.bashrc_portal, and modify the following:
- add CATALINA_HOME evn. variable (the home directory of tomcat)
- add GRIDSPHERE_HOME env. variable (the home directory of gridpshere)
- add JAVA_HOME env. variable (the home directory of java)
- add CATALINA_OPTS env. variable "export CATALINA_OPTS=-DGLOBUS_LOCATION=$GLOBUS_LOCATION"
- remove the "source" command of globus-devel-env
- add a new "source" command for the modifies globus-devel-env script: "source $CATALINA_HOME/globus-devel-env-local.sh"
Apache Tomcat 5.5.26. You also need to download a org.postgresql.Driver (download jdbc driver from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/).
Install the GS Portal
You may want to follow instructions from http://www.gridsphere.org/
You should also place the required JDBC driver jar file in the $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib directory of Tomcat.
First Run Of the Portal
GS will ask you to decide which database you want to make it using. D4Science is going to use a centralized PostgreSQL DB. Ask me directly for its location and connection data.
Changing Gridsphere DB Location once portal is installed
You should stop Tomcat, change the file located in $portaluser/.gridsphere/database/hibernate.properties Startup Tomcat
For info on the Authorative LDAP DB please refer to the next section in this guide.