Difference between revisions of "D4Science Portal Installation"
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
== Install Tomcat ==
== Install Tomcat ==
If there is no tomcat installation on your node, you need to download and install it.
If there is no tomcat installation on your node, you need to download and install it. use tomcat v. 5.5..
You can download tomcat from [http://
You can download tomcat from [http://.apache.org/ here].
== Setup Tomcat ==
== Setup Tomcat ==
Revision as of 00:03, 22 October 2008
If there is no tomcat installation on your node, you need to download and install it. You should use tomcat v. 5.5.20. You can download tomcat from here.
In order to enable tomcat to consume WSRF services, you have to apply some changes on tomcat's files:
- modify $CATALINA_HOME/bin/setclasspath.sh => Remove the line where the classpath is reset (CLASSPATH=)
- add the mail.jar in $CATALINA_HOME/commons/endorsed
- The new D4Science portal requires a Gridsphere 3.1. Installation. You can download a clean version of Gridsphere 3.1 from ETICS ). Then unzip - untar the file.
- You will also need this sh file. This is a replacement of the original globus-devel-env.sh which excludes some jars from gCore (because they are older than the needed by the portal and they create conflicts). Download it and store it in $CATALINA_HOME.
- Clone the current ~/.bashrc to ~/.bashrc_portal, and modify the following:
- add CATALINA_HOME evn. variable (the home directory of tomcat)
- add GRIDSPHERE_HOME env. variable (the home directory of gridpshere)
- add JAVA_HOME env. variable (the home directory of java)
- add GLOBUS_LOCATION env. variable (the home directory of gCore)
- add CATALINA_OPTS env. variable "export CATALINA_OPTS=-DGLOBUS_LOCATION=$GLOBUS_LOCATION"
- remove the "source" command of globus-devel-env
- add a new "source" command for the modifies globus-devel-env script: "source $CATALINA_HOME/globus-devel-env-local.sh"
- Some jars of gCore create conflicts that can only be resolved by replacing them... These are the naming*.jar jars and can be found in $GLOBUS_LOCATION/lib folder. So you have to remove these jars and then add the jars found here.
If you want to have the D4Science look and fell, you have to apply the theme patch. You can download it from here. Then unzip - untar the file and from the D4Science-ThemesAndLayouts directory execute: "source patch.sh".
Now you are ready to deploy gridsphere!!! (If you want to deploy gridsphere on a different context that "/grdsphere/gridsphere", then you have to modify $GRIDSPHERE_HOME/build.properties file). Execute the following command:
- cd $GRIDPSHERE_HOME
- ant install
Now, you have a portal instance!
Start /Stop Tomcat
In order to start / stop tomcat, you should execute the following commands correspondingly:
- source ~/.bashrc_portal; $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh start
- source ~/.bashrc_portal; $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh stop
If dynamic deployment is available, then you should prefer it.
Otherwise, in order to install ASL, you have to download its lastest version from distribution site.
Then, you also have to copy its dependency jars to $GLOBUS_LOCATION/lib folder.
The current set of these jars can be found here. However, they can be stale. In that case, you have to go to ETICS Reports and download their latest version.
Apache Tomcat 5.5.26. You also need to download a org.postgresql.Driver (download jdbc driver from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/).
Install the GS Portal
You may want to follow instructions from http://www.gridsphere.org/
You should also place the required JDBC driver jar file in the $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib directory of Tomcat.
First Run Of the Portal
GS will ask you to decide which database you want to make it using. D4Science is going to use a centralized PostgreSQL DB. Ask me directly for its location and connection data.
Changing Gridsphere DB Location once portal is installed
You should stop Tomcat, change the file located in $portaluser/.gridsphere/database/hibernate.properties Startup Tomcat
For info on the Authorative LDAP DB please refer to the next section in this guide.